Return to Higher Education
Return to portfolio
One of several projects executed by W2A under an Open-End Contract with Shippensburg University, W2A provided full A/E services for the roofing replacement and roof edge upgrade / repairs plus exterior envelope upgrade at historic Gilbert Hall (c. 1912). The project included:
- Roof replacement with Synthetic Slate (recycled rubber product) and Substrate Repairs.
- Gutter Flashing/Repairs.
- Partial Replacement of deteriorated wood soffit and dentil trim.
- Exterior masonry restoration (cleaning, repointing)
- Exterior masonry waterproofing.
- Sealant Replacement (Exterior Doors, Windows, etc.)
- Exterior paint (lintels, windows, wood trim, columns, fascia/soffit).
Because of the historic status of Gilbert Hall and ownership by the Commonwealth, renovations were required to meet National Park Service Guidelines for Historic Buildings with approvals by the Pennsylvania Museum Commission.